Key features of a family car
- Safety - a family car should be equipped with ISOFIX attachments, airbags and other safety features such as traction control, brake force corrector and anti-lock braking. It should also show a high rating in Euro NCAP crash tests.
- Capacity - this is very important when you need to fit large shopping, suitcases for a trip and a pushchair. It is also worth noting how many kilos you can pack, which has an impact on comfort.
- Spaciousness - children should have enough space in the cabin to make the trip a pleasure rather than a chore and to be able to fit child seats safely in the car.
- Low fuel consumption - the best option will be cars that burn little, so that the car is economical both in the city and on a long journey.
- Low breakdown rate - does not generate additional costs.
The most frequently chosen body types
- Van - has a spacious interior and a large boot, which often includes extra seats.
- SUV - has a little less space than a Van, but is still great for a large family. It can handle even rough terrain well and is stable and safe to drive.
- Combi - the most urban of the lot. The smallest of all, but still has plenty of room for luggage. It is the most economical, but has a lower suspension.
Ranking of the best family cars
- Fiat Doblo - referred to as a station wagon, it has very large passenger space as well as luggage space. It has safety systems, namely four airbags, ABS with EBD and ESP.
- Volkswagen Touran - you can buy it in versions for five and seven people. It received the highest rating - 5 stars - in Euro NCAP crash tests. It is equipped with ISOFIX child seat mountings.
- Citroen Berlingo - offers plenty of luggage capacity. It is also available in a 7-seater version. It is facilitated by sliding rear doors, making it easier for children to get in and out.
- Dacia Duster - comes at a favourable price. You can choose a version with LPG installation for even greater economy.
- Honda CR-V - has a spacious interior and a roomy boot. It features a low failure rate. It received the highest score of 5 stars in crash tests.
A family car should have several important features and meet certain standards. Safety and comfort are most important.